An uptime service that gives you confidence that your web app works for your customers.
Your web app returns 200 OK, but is it really working?
Each day, thoughts like these cross your mind:
A change to the checkout process went live - can customers still buy our products?
I changed the global CSS styles - did I break anything?
My teammate's changes conflicted with mine - did my merge break the new sales page?
The new intern's first push went live - does the content on that page still appear correctly?
Is nobody logging in because our ads aren't live - or is the login page broken?
Despite your best efforts, problems happen:
- Your boss calls you up, asking why conversion rates are down. It turns out a key part of your sales funnel had a crucial button hidden by an unrelated change.
- Code that worked perfectly in dev is broken in prod. It takes a while to notice, because for some reason, the broken web page is still returning 200 OK (so the automated monitoring didn't catch it).
- A new team member doesn't quite understand how everything is tied together, and improves 1 page while breaking 3 others.
Consistent attention to quality and good processes can catch many problems. But problems slip past even the best development and QA teams.
Separate dev environments, code reviews, automated testing, easy rollbacks, and other technical solutions can provide some comfort.
But you'd rather know with certainty that the live site actually works.
When you deploy, you'd like some confidence that there weren't any unintended consequences.
How do we build that knowledge and confidence?
I'm building Intrepid Uptime as a service that will give us that knowledge and confidence. It is a solution that will be developed in two phases:
- Phase 1 - Intrepid Uptime will automatically monitor your sites and apps to ensure that what your customers actually see lines up with what you expect.
- Phase 2 - Intrepid Uptime will make it easy to script important customer interactions so that you find out quickly if core business processes ever break.
Sign up for the Beta
Enter your email below, and I'll reach out to you personally when the beta is ready to try out:
I hate spam as much as you do. Joining the beta won't add you to a newsletter or anything else like that. I just want to get your feedback.
Who makes this?
Intrepid Uptime is being created by me, Tyler Church.
If you have any questions, ideas, or just want to chat about building software, you can email me at tyler [at] intrepiduptime.com. Or hit the chat button in the corner of the page.
It would make my day to hear from you 😄